Sunday, November 2, 2008

A weekend getaway


I must say, there sure does seem to be a lot of bronzed animals in Dutch town squares. He. He. I think I have a picture of the kids on about every bronzed farm animal imaginable. I think that Arden and Ian are perched on a sheep this time, along with an extra pair of hands.


A family portrait taken at the camp grounds where Stefan's parents have a "summer bungalow". We arrived on a Friday (rained all day), Saturday (beautiful), and Sunday (cold, overcast, scattered) we left. Considering the less than perfect weather we had an amazing time. I feel fortunate to get such a great shot with that kind of weather and with a little self-timer on our digital camera.



I love getting shots of both kids together. This is one of my favorites because it captures Ian in the fore front with a gigantic smile. He has grown into a precious little man.



Let's admit. . . it is nice to just clown around and act like kids once in a while. Some of us do it more often than others, but I think that everyone could benefit from a little childs play.


On that Saturday, we were able to go biking. Ian rode with me and Arden was on the back of Stefan's bike. It was a lot of fun and refreshing to be out in the Dutch air riding along side the countryside, cows, and horses. Here is a picture of a three way road sign. Good luck with those pronunciations!!!!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Hey - glad y'all had fun!

LOVE that family pic - perfect!

Gerry said...

What fun to read your blog. Your family is beautiful.

MAKING MEMORIES AND SHARING LIFE.

Keeping up to speed with a crazy new adventure and the family that dared to attempt life in a new land.