Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Our weekend and the up and coming weeks




Hello to all and a Belated Happy Birthday to my hubby, Stefan. He turned 33 last week. We celebrated a couple times and will continue to have a small celebration with his classmates this Saturday. Woohooo.

Saturday we dressed up our house in "fall" attire and invited some friends and family over. It was a party complete with cake, apple tart, bobbing for apples and a smattering of pumpkins here and there. A Stefan Pumpkin replica was even present. We used it to play "Pin the Nose on the Pumpkin."

The night before that we spent gliding along on a boat for 4 hours touring the Maas river and the Port of Rotterdam. I was pleasantly surprised at how fun this was. Two kids and a boat on a giant river spells anxiety and hesitation in a mother, but there were several families aboard and it was a lot of fun. The kids entertained themselves and did a great job of it. The boat was complete with 3 levels, ascending buffet table (lots of ooooo's and aaaaaa's), dinner, ice cream and then a dance floor. The kids danced until their feet could dance no more, or until the boat had stopped. An exhausting night, but a good decision in the end. The above picture was taken on the boat by one of the new RSM students. I am so glad that he sent it to me.

At this point, with our stay in Holland, and with the nature of Stefan's program, you can imagine that things are starting to get a little "hairy". There seems to be mounting pressure to finish strong, find a job, find a "place" to call home, etc. We see it all around us and I am assuming that you don't have to be in this type of MBA environment to see it face to face. Job, work, home, finding ourselves, etc. are things that we all grapple with on any given day, huh?! Well, we are there, but at the same time we are making strides in the right direction, hopefully. Can you have peace and anxiety in the same batter?? Well, I do and I will bake up that cake and hopefully it will end up being a tasty treat. Okay, that came out of nowhere, he, he. We have no real concrete leads, but there are a couple of things in the works.

So, for now we will keep doing what we do. Stefan has a couple breaks here and there and I think we are going to take a break from Alblasserdam and head up toward Amersfoort and Ermelo. Stefan's parents have a quaint home up there. We are going to spend a couple of nights there and tackle big issues like: life, babies, which country do we want to live, educating our children. . . the list could go on.

Or maybe we will just feed some ducks and watch movies. . . . we will see.

4 comments:

Jenna Jean said...

I am glad that you have peace amongst the unknown . I just thought of the song by Twila Paris "Peace be still" it is an oldie but goodie. I want to share it with you because it is nice to remember that our Lord is in control!

By Twila Paris

There is an ocean surrounding me
Mostly the water is calm
Just enough breeze to keep me sailing
I feel safe and warm
Angry winds blow suddenly
How this world can threaten me
Then the Master speaks with sure authority

Chorus

Peace be still, Peace be still
Peace be still to the wind and the waves
Peace be still, Peace be still
Peace be still and the ocean obeys

Gerry said...

Peace and patience. I know you have both. It will all come together. Aunt Gerry

Gerry said...

Mom didnot say that Gerry did

Tricia said...

Hey, sweet friend... I hope you're doing okay, "tackling" the issues, or just feeding the ducks and watching movies - whatever the case may be. HA!

I know it's a lot to figure out. I'm praying for y'all, and I know whatever you decide, it will all be GOOD! :-) Miss y'all!

Love you - Tricia :-)

MAKING MEMORIES AND SHARING LIFE.

Keeping up to speed with a crazy new adventure and the family that dared to attempt life in a new land.