Tuesday, November 4, 2008

RSM Halloween 2008




A quick blurb about our Halloween. We had some good friends come over to our house, Sheila and Javier. Stefan had a long day at school and wasn't going to be able to come home for dinner or even before the big Halloween party. So, I made a big pot of chili. We sat and ate several bowls of chili soep as the kids danced around in their costumes. I was lucky enough to find pyjamas that came with fun plush masks. Arden was a pig and Ian was a tiger. They had a lot of fun though we had no mountains of candy. Darn. I would have actually benefited from the traditional American trick -or- treating. Yummy.
We played and cleaned up our mess. Arden and Ian convinced Javier to help them build an animal stall or their "house" as they would have it called. Sheila and Javier were good sports.



I put them to bed and then the adults were left racking their brains to figure out what I should wear to the party. I still wasn't convinced that I should go or even wanted to go, but at last we settled on a Redneck Woman to match Stefan's Redneck attempt. Sheila and i actually googled
"Redneck woman.' and good ol' Gretchen Wilson popped up. So there we had it. I would go as Gretchen Wilson. . . the self proclaimed Redneck Woman. Stefan and I both wore ball caps, I had a tattoo that said, " I love (represented by a heart) Bubba", and Stefan wore a t-shirt that said "Born to Hunt, Forced to work". We had another friend that when as a redneck. I would have to say that played the part superiorly well!!!! The country folk just so happened to be from Texas (Really a New Yorker through and through), and then of course Arkansas!!! Yeeeehawwww!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Everyone looks great!! You did well on those costumes (PJs) :) I wish we had a computer so I could talk to you on a regular basic. Still paying for DSL though...

Love ya!

MAKING MEMORIES AND SHARING LIFE.

Keeping up to speed with a crazy new adventure and the family that dared to attempt life in a new land.