Lilly's wedding was a grand celebration. It was the perfect mix of family, time spent laughing, planning and sharing in two people's lives that are coming together. We spent the weekend of the 16th of August at a farmhouse outside of Amersfoort, Netherlands. The wedding ceremony was held at a pretty church in a small town called Ermelo. After the "I dos" we returned to the farmhouse for the reception, food, cake, music, skits, dancing and reconnecting with people that meant the world to Lilly and Ferdinand.
There was a lot that went into this celebration. The thoughtfulness and planning that Lilly and Ferd., plus the ceremony leaders put into the weekend was very obvious and appreciated by all that took part.
To be honest, I had the best insiders view of this beautiful, momentus landmark in their lives. I was honored to be present when Lilly tried on her wedding dress for the first time. I saw the "before" Lilly (no make-up and no up-do) and "after" Lilly (make-up and completed hair with flower, veil and yes, the dress) on her wedding day. I witnessed the car pulling up to the door and Ferdinand knock, knocking for his bride to come out to meet her groom for the first time on their wedding day. They drove away in an antique navy blue volvo sedan. I loved this car. Perfect. Classy, timeless and not too flashy, just like the lovely pair and their special day/weekend.
Okay, okay, enough of the play by play. People, you just want to see pictures, I know. So, I must say that I am not happy with the collection that I have. They just didn't catch what I felt the weekend deserved. I am waiting to get some amazing shots from the two photographers that they had for the weekend. I do have a few that are blog worthy.
P.S. I fully intend to update with more pictures from this event. I have to find some of family photos, Ian in a suit, etc. It was a major affair in our lives. Congratulations Lilly and Ferdinand. We are so happy for you guys. Needless to say we had an amazing time and you both were beautiful and glowing.
1 comment:
It sounds like if was a lovely wedding and that everyone had a blast! I look forward to seeing more pictures!
Post a Comment