You will understand shortly.
Ian turned 2 on August 1st and Stefan's Dad, Arend turned 65 on the 7th. We had a joint birthday party for the two of them and after looking at the picture I realize how great the day truly was. There were many smiles and some great times shared by all. Not only was the day busy with the two birthday boys, but there was also the buzz of the upcoming wedding between Liliana and Ferdinand, Stefan's sister and soon to be brother-in-law!!! It was a good day. The birthday boys!! Aren't they two cuties? The first portion of our party we spent cruising around Rotterdam's Maas River, Port and her two main bridges, Erasmus and Williamsburg. It was a beautiful day for a boat ride and some pannekoeken. These photos of Ian and Arend are so priceless. So nice to capture a grandpa and grandson laughing and playing together.
The third photo below is so great. I like it for many reasons, one being the people in it, the others could be that Arden took it, the beer glasses right next to our dear friend, Elmo. Just a funny picture!!! Great moment captured, goed gedaan Arden.
Stefan and I seldom take pictures where it is just the two of us. I know that is a common thing with travelers, honeymooners or even parents. Okay, okay, I broke down and posted a picture of me and Stefan. It is rare, I know, but we do still exist and these our mugs. He. he. Sometimes it is nice to be reminded, or not, "oh, that is what I look like?!" Finally, we finished it all off with MORE sugar and gifts. Yummy. Yep, Elmo made mutiple appearances today.
4 comments:
I was wondering today when we talked if you had gotten a haircut but for some reason I didn't ask. In the picture of you and stefan it definitely looks like it...did you? I LOVE it either way!
Anyway, fun as always to chat today! Can't wait to see you soon!
you have a wonderful way of expressing yourself. Are you sure there isn't a hidden writer[author] inside of you. You make my day when I read your blog. My Marilyn has started a blog for our family. Love Aunt Gerry
Kelli,
The reason Mom's (Gerry's) e-mail ID says 'mom' is because that's her ID for blogger, we can change that. I set up our family blog for our immediate family (mom, sisters, Jim), by invitation. I wasn't sure about having our blog out there for anyone to see, especially since we're just learning how this all works.
Funny, you and I chose the same template for our blogs.
I am so glad to hear about your family and see pictures. Everyone is so adorable. I bet Stefan's family is so proud, I know your Mom and Dad are.
I hope you don't mind, I'm going to add your Blog Link to our blog, so our family can click on your blog and see what's happening with the Europeans in our family!
I missed seeing your Dad and Jenny when they were in Decatur recently. I am so sorry to hear that your grandmother passed. Knowing how sweet your Mom is, I'm sure your grandmother was very sweet, too.
A blog is a wonderful way to keep in touch with everyone!
Take Care - Marilyn Hall
It is so great to see those Booy boys having so much fun together. Getting the chance to be close to Stefan's family this way is a treat for you all I know. Love the couple pic- it's good to see your smiling face!!!
Post a Comment