Photo below: (Nicolas 'cousin', Arden and Ian)

The Sea! As we approach the water everyone in the car says, "Il Mare." Ian says, "Aqua." Close enough. This was Ian's first visit to the beach (I still call it the beach, even though there was little sand). It was a rocky, pebble beach. Not feet friendly, but easier to clean than fine sand. It was so beautiful and each day we went Ian got more and more daring. We would have to hold him back from plunging into the water--- carefree. Talk about scary. . . a toddler with no concept of fear.

(Nicolas, Arden and Ian) Hmm. . . we slid the floaties on his arms and he was off. There was a lot of squealing and thrashing about. Every once and awhile he would rest and just float peacefully and then the trashing would commence. He was having so much fun and wearing us out. Arden on the other hand was happy and content on the shore or maybe with her feet in the water. She knew how far was too far for her and was not going to budge. At one point we were trying to coax her in further and she put her hand up, shaking her finger saying, "I am not going in with you, with Mama, with you, no one, not now, never." Okay, okay! Point taken.
Photo to the right: (Kelly and Ian after an exhausting swimming/thrashing session)
4 comments:
what fun! Il Mare!!! you are having quite the adventure my friend. miss you!
Looks amazing!
That looks so fun!!! I can't wait to experience that with my kiddos.
Looks like you guys are having an awesome vaca. I'm slightly jealous that you're seeing so much of Italy. Okay, not slightly....REALLY jealous. Luke and I used to say that we'd have a vacation home there someday. *sigh* Man, how things change.
Post a Comment