Since moving to Holland we had been cutting Ian's hair ourselves. Not bad, but still not precise. This was one of the many ways that we remained in the category, "Thrifty". Stefan really liked the bowl cut. Me?, not so much. So, as we left to go shopping on Friday, I noticed one of the near by salons. This salon, called Cupido, just so happens to have a stop light out front. I love this idea. Red means you need to make and appointment and wait. Yellow means you must make an appointment but you will get in same day. Green says, "Kom naar binnen."(Come in)Immediate service. I saw the green light and I knew that was my chance. He came into the hair salon a boy (with a bowl cut)and left as a little man. He sat still for the first 10 minutes and wiggled a little for the rest. He did such a great job. How could I pass on the blue gel?
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Ian's Before and After
Since moving to Holland we had been cutting Ian's hair ourselves. Not bad, but still not precise. This was one of the many ways that we remained in the category, "Thrifty". Stefan really liked the bowl cut. Me?, not so much. So, as we left to go shopping on Friday, I noticed one of the near by salons. This salon, called Cupido, just so happens to have a stop light out front. I love this idea. Red means you need to make and appointment and wait. Yellow means you must make an appointment but you will get in same day. Green says, "Kom naar binnen."(Come in)Immediate service. I saw the green light and I knew that was my chance. He came into the hair salon a boy (with a bowl cut)and left as a little man. He sat still for the first 10 minutes and wiggled a little for the rest. He did such a great job. How could I pass on the blue gel?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
MAKING MEMORIES AND SHARING LIFE.
Keeping up to speed with a crazy new adventure and the family that dared to attempt life in a new land.
3 comments:
Oh my gosh!!! I cannot BELIEVE how much older he looks! It is very cute...though, he could be bald and still as cute! Oh-and the blue gel...uitstakend!!! Loving it!
I have declared that Wylie has gotten his last home done bowl cut, so off to the barbers my boys will go very soon! Ian looks so grownup!
Fantastic. We too just opted out of the little boy bowl cut and Lucas now has a closely cut "big boy" haircut. Don't they look so big? Ian is precious, and I love the blue.
Post a Comment