Okay, being a tourist is tiring. Jonna and Jamey came for an 8 day visit, and I know that they were tired. It is so nice to have visitors because it throws us back into tourist mode. I actually saw more sites with them than I have in a long while. We visited new cities together, listened to Arden sing her famous song, and got lost every once and a while. As a group we saw Delft, Utrecht (had been once before, but not really as a tourist), Maastricht, Dordrecht, Keukenhof (flower gardens and fields) and a couple new eateries here and there. Lots of fun. Bless there hearts! They survived visiting a family and being scrunched into a car of. . . hmmm. . .numerous persons. J and J went on to see Amsterdam and Den Haag solo.
When asking them about their favorite part of the trip, Jamey replied, "Ablasserdam!" He really liked this quiant little town and the charming pubs, stores, flower shops, etc. Jonna really liked Delft. She especially like the many chapels/ cathedrals that they visited. Hmmmm . . . as for me. . . I enjoyed being able to take them out for pannekoek. It is always fun to see a first timer at a Pannekoeken Restuarant. Sometimes it is hard for people to imagine salty foods on a pancake (ham and cheese for example). Oh, it is oh so yummy!!! Jonna and I shared our pannekoek. I ordered spek met kaas (ham with cheese) and she ordered bananas with nutella. The ultimate combination!!!!!
Thanks you guys for coming to visit! I appreciated your patience and endurance with your "tour guides." He. he. Hope you had fun!
Okay, I will dig through my pictures and find some for you all to check out! Coming soon.
2 comments:
We had a blast!!! THANKS THANKS and THANKS!!! I too will be blogging after I get some rest! It was truly the ultimate trip to Holland! We couldn't have had a better time! LOVE YOU!!!
hey sis...love the pictures!
i have never been at the keukenhof...can you imagine ;-)
not really dutch hey...
talk to you soon!
Post a Comment