Arden is a crazy, girly, girl, and I don't know when or how it happened. It could have started with Cinderella, or the dresses, or maybe it is just the "princess" inside that wants to be released and capture her throne. Recently she has been practicing a pretty consistant beauty regimen of lipgloss, eye "blush"(eyeshadow in her words), and more lipgloss. She then tops off her look with accessories or sunglasses. Wow. Last week, before I took her to school she dug in her backpack and said that she needed to do something. okay? I was ready to head out to the car. As my dear, beautiful child is sitting on the hallway floor finishing up her lipglossing I take a quick peek at myself. Hmmm. . . ponytail, no make-up, no lipgloss and clean teeth. That is my regimen and in most cases I am perfectly fine with that.
At this point I am trying to remain neutral in regards to the make-up thing. I want her to create, play, imagine, dream, and explore. I also want her to develop a true sense of worth and self apart from what she looks like. I think that is one of those things that is a constant struggle for us all. I pray that her hopes and dreams of being a princess will never die. I hope that she will always feel beautiful, confident and loved. I also know that there is only one relationship that provides this kind of security and "happily ever after." May she be blessed to know a sweet and loving Prince that will satisfy all of her dreams.
10 comments:
That's too funny. The boys are quite content with combed hair and clean teeth...and sometimes even those two things are a struggle. The girly-girl side of me will live vicariously through the pictures you post of Arden's antics:) It was really good to see you last month. I'm glad you're blogging too. I look forward to the next posting.
My boys don't even need combed hair! Ha. But Miles does love the chapstick. Being a girlie-girl from a young age, I can say that dressing up with real make-up and frou frou dress up clothes was so much fun, but now I am a less-is-more girl with the make up so who knows where she will end up on the spectrum!
Love it! This girl is hilarious! She has always been a free spirit. I miss you guys already! Give your babies lots of kisses and a really big hug from "Jerra." Tell them I love them very much and hope to see them soon.
hurray!
great picture!
Love Love Love her!!! she is just too adorable!!! Zeke sends his love. :)
I'm just catching up with your blog. I love seeing all the pictures of you guys. Being that I like all things food, I especially liked seeing your refrigerator!! Miss you guys!
I wonder where Arden got that dramatic side from? That's a great story! :) I can definitely see you trying to get her to come on, but also see you trying to give her her little moment. And then....the glance into the mirror. I identify with that. :)
Oh, she's adorable - totally adorable. I get what you're saying. Luckily, Gracie and Tessa aren't into the makeup so much (they always make a huge mess), but the accessories are insane!
They both want their necklaces and bracelets all the time, and need to take a purse everywhere we go. All of it ends up being just more for me to keep up with! Crazy!
Have a good Easter! Miss y'all!
Elizabeth is the same way, and I am certainly not a "girly girl." I have no idea where they get it. Although, I do think the desire to be a princess in innate and God given. Love the blog! Hope ya'll are doing well. Happy Easter.
I can't help but think of Aunt Charlotte or your grandma when I see pictures of Arden. She's a gorgeous princess.
Post a Comment