Friday, Arden had her "verjaardag feest" at school. Stefan, Ian and I arrived near the end of class and got to watch what happened during "circle time". It was so amazing to get to see Arden, our little girl, in this atmosphere. She was singing the songs, playing the games, counting with the kids and being celebrated in a very special way. And when the candles were out she gave each child a special gift.
And finally, Saturday, we invited family and friends to celebrate with us. For me it turned into a gathering of thanks. I started to think about some of key players in my life and in the kids lives this past year. All of the people that arrived on Saturday have contributed to making this experience/life memorable; these are good friends that also just so happened to turn into babysitters (Sheila and Javier, Akemi, Aisha, Sandra, Henny) and of course Stefan's brother, Robert, and family. Where would "I" be without you guys!!!! Thanks. Thanks, for not just loving on my kids but also for sharing life with us.
This was the fairy outfit that Arden chose for the Wednesday party. I think that the sunglasses were a nice touch. Can I just say that those gloves are such a pain to put on, but don't they make the costume!!
Arden's very own birthday crown. She decided that going to school with fairy wings was an okay thing to do on your birthday. The same day that many kids go to school dressed up as a Sinter Klaas helper (often with faces painted black for Zwarte Piet(google that if your interested)) is the same day that my child arrives to school dressed as a fairy/butterfly. We got a lot of stares on this day!!!
Below, is a picture of one of the yummy treats that we handed out!
Yippee, we were able to squeeze in a family picture. I do wish I had been able to get more pictures of the masses of people, but alas one picture of a whole family is a major achievement. Oh, and may I also say that we shall not feel sorry for Ian in all of this extravagance. For some reason, this age especially, birthday party goers feel inclined to bring gift for little brother as well.
The cake turned out great. A little accident, turned into a great thing, notched wings look more butterfly like, right?! Actually, the confetti cupcakes iced with Duncan Hines or Betty C. rainbow chip were the biggest hit. Lekker!
I know what you're thinking, "MORE PONIES?! How is it possible that she doesn't already have all of them?" It is possible and yes, she still loves them. I do believe that she is sleeping with two as we speak. Notice how Arden seems to be deliriously happy. Or is it possible she is hyped up on sugar. . . . hmmm?! Gotta love birthdays, actually the month of December as a whole!!!! Thanks to everyone that partied hard with us. What a wonderful week of celebrating our Arden!
3 comments:
I can hardly believe she's four! I've thought about her a lot this past week and on her birthday. I should've gotten on skype to talk to her but I had a crazy busy week for some reason!
Looks like everyone had a blast-and Arden's fairy outfit is so HER! I LOVE it! Seriously-it just epitomizes who she is to me! Simply magical and one of a kind!
Nice job on the cakes too! Lekker indeed!
I love Arden with her ponies. I rarely see one lying around my house without thinking of her. Gracie even still remembers how Arden loved her ponies!
Tessa cleaned up at Gracie's birthday too... I guess that's a nice perk of being younger. HA!
The cake is beautiful, Arden is beautiful. And she made it look so fun... I just might wear some fairy wings with sunglasses around the house on my birthday too.
Oh... but I can't believe she is already 4... :-) Love y'all.
Happy Birthday, Arden!
So has Arden grasped the language? It sounds like she has.
Post a Comment