Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Taking a bite out of the Big Apple


We are back!!!! It was four full days of eating, walking and visiting New York's finest. Where do I begin? After being a little hesitant about staying in Harlem, we both agreed that is was a good decision. Our guesthouse was perfect. We couldn't have found anything better. It was generous in size and had a super comfy bed. We were close to a metro stop so that was nice. Andrea and I pretty much mastered the Subway!! As soon as we arrived we got settled and then headed to Times Square. The following days we saw everything from a Broadway show, Today Show (Alanis Morisette), and 5th Avenue to the largest sandwich of all time, Central Park, and "black market" ally.

If you were to ask me what my favorite part was. . . hmmm. . . I would have to say that it is a toss up between seeing all of New York from atop the Rockefellar Center or "Cry-Baby", the Broadway Show. Well, actually, it is the cupcakes that we purchased and ate from Magnolia Bakery. Yummy! I have literally been thinking and dreaming about the icing since I have been back. We each bought two. I ate the red velvet one first and saved the chocolate with chocolate icing for later in the day while we were sitting in front of the Tavern on the Greens. This was a dreamy spot. We sat on a regular old park bench across from a wonderful, lantern lit Tavern. So beautiful. We could hear a live band playing jazz in the background while there seemed to be a restle of constant chattering among the guests. The scenario is sort of funny, with us eating away at our second cupcake of the day, but also seemed to mix all of the right ingredients for a long lasting memory. While we were enjoying the moment we saw several carriage rides go by. One in particular caught our eye. We actually witnessed, without a doubt, a proposal on one of those carriage rides. We say the guy go down on his knee and the girl with her hands flailing in surprise. We could not believe our luck. It was a very cool thing to randomly witness.

Enough of the boring details. Here is a gallery of pictures from our trip. It was truly a gift. A big hug, kiss, and thanks to Stefan for dreaming up this fabulous trip for Andrea and myself!!! I think I will keep you! Andrea, I am so glad that you decided to be Stefan's accomplice. I must also apologize for dragging you all around NY in search of the perfect dress for Lilly's wedding. We did find it, but with the swollen feet to show for it. Now, all I have to figure out is what undergarment to choose!! Okay, okay. . . here is the show! ( I just realized that there are some other random photos on this slide show. Warning: some are weird angles of my bruised up face from the MBA tournament, others are me wearing a scary wig, and then there are some of the kids. . . just thought I would warn you, he. he. )

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What great pics! I am so happy y'all got to do that and that it was big fun! You guys both deserve a great get-a-way like that! Love ya mucho!

Shankle Life said...

First of all, I love your New York pictures and tales (iwannagonexttimepickmetoo!)
Also, on the pics of your bruised up face and body...those totally look like the kind of evidence pictures people take from abusive spouses!

Lastly, the wig....do you own that naughty little thing (read that with a british accent) or were you just trying it on?

Tricia said...

Wonderful! So glad you guys had fun. Love the pictures.

Love you, girl!
Tricia :-)

MAKING MEMORIES AND SHARING LIFE.

Keeping up to speed with a crazy new adventure and the family that dared to attempt life in a new land.