Monday, April 28, 2008

Joys in the Kitchen.

Maybe it isn't always joys, but there is a lot that takes place in a kitchen. There will always be the every day tasks of dishes, cleaning and food prep. Most of the time I am in the kitchen alone, except for the juice needs and cookie desires. Sometimes the kids will choose to just sit on the kitchen floor (usually not very clean) and play. When I am really lucky Arden will want to help unload the dishwasher. And very rarely will I have the pleasure to just hang out with my two favorite little people while making a meal or baking a cake.

Not too long ago we were visiting Stefan's sister and groom to be. We spent a lot of time in and near the kitchen. We ate sandwiches. They made brownies. Ate some clementines. Did some craft projects and just enjoyed our time together. These are good moments shared. Here is a picture of Arden, waiting patiently for the brownies to be finished so she can delight in all her hard work (mixed the batter a couple of times).




Ian walked into the kitchen yesterday carrying a stool. I was making some icing for a cake. Perfect timing. He wanted to be upclose. Smart kid. He had several samples of the sugary confection. He even held the mixer. The colander served as a perfect distraction. He was able to continue playing in the kitchen and I was able to finish the mixing. Little joys are hidden everywhere, even in the kitchen.

3 comments:

Jonna said...

Okay-I need to be more patient and just read the blog. I was sitting here for a couple of minute thinking...why are her counters different? That doesn't look right. Then...you told me. I was just too enamored with the pics of the cute little kiddos.

Love you!

Tricia said...

Ah, yes, the kitchen... Tessa constantly wants to "help" me these days. She likes to squeeze her own jelly on her sandwhich, and take a few stirs of the mac and cheese.

The kids are so cute. I can't believe that's Ian. Hope y'all are doing well. :-)

Erica said...

i just found your blog on jerusalem's blog list. i am so glad!

MAKING MEMORIES AND SHARING LIFE.

Keeping up to speed with a crazy new adventure and the family that dared to attempt life in a new land.