Saturday, March 29, 2008

Home Sweet Home, continued. . .

Moving on to the second level of our lovely abode. We have 3 baby gates surrounding our two levels. We had two gates on the first floor and then one at the top level protecting Arden and Ian from the treacherous stairs below. Someday we will be gate free but I don't think that will be anytime soon. It is just nice to know that they are locked in, which does not mean they don't throw toys, shoes, etc. overboard. At least it is not body parts!! The slaap kamers (sleeping rooms)are up stairs. Arden and Ian share a quaint little room that was spruced up with a little tangerine paint. Color makes me happy. Besides the master bedroom, we have a laundry area and closet area on the 2nd floor (not pictured--boring and messy).


A rather small room, but they like sleeping together and it is nice to have us all on one level. There was no good way to set up the beds, but sometimes you just have to make it work.



MASTER BEDROOM

This photo is taken from the doorway as you enter our room. Once again, all of the bedroom furniture was found by Stefan's family. We have found many linens, pillows, etc. at Ikea. Another favorite place for me to shop is at our local flea market found in the basement of a nearby church. I have bought anything from blankets to picture frames, and clothing. Each time I go, I come so close to buying pieces of furniture, but I never know how I would get them home. . . Hmmm. . . I am sure before it is all over that I will have solved that problem.


So, this is pretty much what I see from my side of the bed. This portion of the room has stayed the same. We haven't painted the grey walls and the shelving has been very useful even in it's abundance.

That is pretty much the summation of our living quarters. Not Trump Towers, but very cozy, and just right for us. I really do like this place. It is a little strange to think that it is not "ours", but still it does feel like home. I can enter into these walls and feel very safe, American, and like we never left Little Rock or any other place called home for that matter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The kids room is so cozy. My kids love being in the same room too and when Wylie is away on a sleepover Miles doesn't know what to do with himself!

Shankle Life said...

Yay! Thanks for showing us where you live. I completely felt like I was watching MTV CRIBS...except you didn't say "this is where the magic happens" ...when you showed the picture of your bed. And by the way...that red high chair is the most precious thing I've ever seen (or pretty darn close). Was that Stefan's? Even when you don't have babies anymore you still have to keep that high chair out on display!

MAKING MEMORIES AND SHARING LIFE.

Keeping up to speed with a crazy new adventure and the family that dared to attempt life in a new land.