Stefan completed his MBA studies on December 18th. We rightfully celebrated the end of his studies by attending the Rotterdam School of Management's annual Gala. During this last month of December Stefan has been given two offers from great companies: one well established and the other one a baby with great potential. One position was with HILTI, and the other was with a new online company called Myngle. Chosing between the two was not easy. Both would situate us in Holland for a time longer. It basically came down to: which company were we more passionate about? Honestly, I had little passion either way, but there was something about Myngle.com and the way Stefan talked and felt about it. Sure, in times like these we should have chosen the more stable and concrete company of the two, but at the same time we were just thankful for an option at all. So, in the end we chose Myngle and we will be searching for a new place in Amersfoort, I think? Nothing has been finalized, really. We just decided today and sent the emailed acceptance note to the company. Hmm. . . lots of emotion, tears, and desire to do the right thing went into making the decision.
Now, as we begin to start anew in a new year, we wish you a blessed 2009 full of health, joy, grateful hearts and growth. Personally, I might settle for contentedness!
Here is a series of pictures taken the last week leading into Christmas!

Daniel and Akemi have been key friends in our lives this past year and half. They have just about attended ever birthday party held at our house. Akemi babysat on several occasions, most of the time on short notice!!! They are loving, caring and nurturing people. We have shared many cups of coffee\tea with these two. There have been countless acts of kindness for which I will forever remain uncomfortably thankful.

This would have made a great Christmas card picture, but I gave up and didn't even try to send one out. I waited and waited to have something of substance to put into the card, but it was too late and here we are with glorious picture and a blog in lue of a beautifully printed card and stamp.

RSM Gala 2008 Rhoon Kasteel

Stefan and Ian sharing some hot cocao and funny faces. Dordrecht, Netherlands

I think it was a bit too hot!

Christmas Eve we spent with another American/Dutch family in Alblasserdam. My friend, Kim and family hosted us along with her mother and stepfather. We have been buddies ever since we ran into each other at the store. Our kids have become fast friends. Here is picture of Ian with Kim's daughter, Brooke.

We all managed to squeeze around the tree for a picture. That night we dined on Texas style chili and homemade corn bread. Yummy!! Thanks Jan!

Here is one of my all time favorite ladies shown with her all time favorite family. Henny has been the friend that God provided to keep me safe and sane. Truly, before leaving Arkansas we had a going away party and at the party we had a couple people pray for us. This was one of the prayers: That God would provide friends and support, specifically for me. Henny has been that times one hundred! Thank goodness. I can't begin to desribe to you the help and support she has been to me, a very real presence in our lives. She has the gift of giving, but usually it is in abundance and this leaves a person feeling a bit helpless. She has cared for our family in so many ways, not to mention the constant borrowing and trading from house to house of kitchenware, linens, clothes, DVDs, books, baked goodies, and donations of toys, etc. The Ros family makes you feel at home, just like you are in the family. Thanks Henny, Gert, Shawn, and Chelsea for all that you do. Love you guys.(Probably going to cry next time I see you and try to explain this in person. He. he.)
The last Booy picture posted for 2008. Take a long hard look at it. . . . finished, yet?. . . we will look exactly the same next year!! Well, at least for a couple weeks or so. Ian is going to be a giant by the time we get back to Holland. He is eating this country out of their pasta!!
3 comments:
Congratulations to Stefan and you both! I'm so excited to hear about the offers and what a GREAT post! I really enjoyed reading it and seeing all the pics...which BTW, Mrs. Booy-you look H-O-T in your sassy purple dress (and I like his coordinating tie as well...)!!! So very cute! Where from? Looks very H&M to me! (or what little of that I've seen!)
Talk soon! Much love! Give those adorable kiddos hugs from us!
Congratulations on the new job. Happy holidays. Glad you have good people around. All the best in 2009.
Love, Stacy
It was good talking to you the other day! I will be praying for your family with all the up coming changes!
Post a Comment